Alright story time! Since apparently I’m an idiot and forgot to post this story on tumblr yesterday.
So yesterday, some of you might have seen that I was at setlock watching them film for Sherlock series 3. It was absolutely amazing, getting to see them film. Getting to see Mark Gatiss, Martin Freeman, and Benedict Cumberbatch in person. Getting to see them film a couple different scenes (one of which is kind of a big spoiler, i think, anyway…the whole fan group there watching collectively gasped during the first take, much to Mark Gatiss’s glee and much to the film crew’s irritation…so I won’t tell you what happened there).
Some other things that happened:
- At one point, between takes, Benedict decided to take his phone out and film us whilst he was standing in the doorway of “221b” of us all waving at him. And he was waving back and smiling that big, crinkly takes-up-his-whole-face smile. And when he was finished he kinda jumped all excited like. He seemed genuinely excited that we were all there it was really fucking adorable and now Benedict has a video of me on his phone thank you very much.
- Martin’s little laugh. God I wish I could figure out a way to make the sound here but I can’t imitate it. We couldn’t really hear what was being said between takes because they were across the street but at one point (when Martin was directly across from me) the woman fixing his jacket before this one take I guess made him laugh so he went “heeheeheehee” in the most adorable manner and yes I heard his little laugh and I almost died because it was so fucking adorable.
- Martin also flipped off this girl next to me I almost died. So he was in between a take, so she decides to yell at him “It’s bloody cold!” And he just goes, “Well it’s not my fault!” She replies with “Well I’m blaming you!” He kinda makes an “oh well” sort of face with shrug and then casually flips the bird with this face omg and then right after he goes “no sorry I didn’t mean that!” with this apologetic look on his face literally what a cutie.
- Now Martin and Benedict would wave at the crowd from time to time, all friendly and whatnot. At one point, while Benedict is standing across from me (please see picture above) he starts talking on his phone and stares in my general direction. He catches my eye, so I wave and he gives me his big, crinkly takes-up-his-whole-face smile and waves right back. In my excitement I kept waving and went “HI” even though he couldn’t hear me. But being the polite gentleman that he is (EVEN THOUGH HE WAS ON THE FUCKING PHONE) leaned towards me and went “I’m sorry, what?” thinking I had said something more significant or something idk. BUT BASICALLY WE MADE EYE CONTACT AND HE WAVED. AT. JUST. ME. And technically spoke to me??????
- Lastly, if you hadn’t seen the picture I posted from instagram, he came out to the crowd toward the end of filming to thank us all for coming out to watch and that he was sorry he wouldn’t be able to sign autographs or take pictures. And he walked up and down the crowds and since I’m awesome and got a spot right damn in front he was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME at one point. LITERALLY HE WAS SO CLOSE I COULD HAVE TOUCHED HIM.
And that is my story wow what a fucking good day that was.